Lemon Cinnamon Fruit Salad
The tangy lemon cinnamon syrup in this salad goes well with all types of fruit. Feel free to mix it up with whatever is in season.
- Cuisine: American;
- Category: Desserts,Salad;
- Serves: 4-6;
- Prep Time: 20 min;
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 min;
- Nutrition Per Serving: 150;
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 (3 inch) strips of lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 white peach, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Freshly chopped mint
Combine sugar, water, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes. Strain and refrigerate for at least an hour.
In a bowl or trifle dish, place the diced fruits and berries. Drizzle with syrup and add mint. Toss gently to combine.
Try This! Mix and match flavors to make different types of syrup to go with the kind of fruit you like. Try a citrus syrup by omitting the cinnamon and adding lime, orange and tangerine peel before boiling.